Your Hospital Stay
We want your stay at Fort Washington Medical Center to be a positive experience. Below is important information for your comfort, convenience and safety.
Upon arrival to Fort Washington Medical Center, please check in at the Information Desk located in the main lobby of the hospital. If you are admitted through the Emergency Room, your health care needs will be assessed to determine the best course of treatment.
Tell us about any medications you are currently taking. Your physician will prescribe any additional medications you need during your hospital stay.
You will be issued a patient identification bracelet upon admission.
Personal Items & Valuables
If possible, keep personal items and valuables at home. Upon admission, we can arrange to have your personal items stored in a safe.
All of our inpatient rooms are equipped with a private bathroom and daily cleaning service. Meals are served three times daily based on the diet recommended by your physician.
Fort Washington Medical Center is pleased to offer a non-smoking environment for the health and safety of everyone on our campus.
Patient Bill of Rights
Your safety is very important to us. Some mistakes are more serious than others, but most medical mistakes can be prevented. Please download and read our Patient Bill of Rights for more information
Contacting a Patient
For inquiries regarding a patient’s room or telephone number, please call the Fort Washington Medical Center operator at 301-292-7000, extension “0”.
We strive to make your stay with us as satisfying as possible. Have questions? Call (301) 292-7000.
Visiting Hours: 11:00 am to 8:00 pm daily, including holidays and weekends.
- All visitors must check in upon arrival at the Information Desk located in the lobby or at the Security Desk near the Emergency Room entrance.
- Proper identification is required to beyond the information desk.
- Only two visitors are allowed to visit a patient at a time.
- Children under 12 years of age are not permitted, unless accompanied by an adult. Special visitor consideration may be made with consent of the head nurse.
The Information Desk is located in the main lobby, is open from 6:00 am to 12:00 am, and provides visitor and patient registration, as well as other information.
- Cafeteria Hours: (Open Monday – Friday)
- Breakfast – 7:45 am to 8:30 am
- Lunch -12:00 pm to 1:30 pm
- Dinner service for visitors is currently NOT available.
- Vending machines are available with sandwiches, snacks, drinks, soups, etc.