Moment of Silence in Support of Las Vegas
Monday May 1, 2017
Words cannot express the tremendous grief our nation is experiencing over the tragedy that occurred on Sunday (October 1, 2017) in Las Vegas, Nevada. As a community and a nation, we are astonished. We mourn the tragic loss of lives and injuries, and our deepest sympathies go out to the victims, their families and friends. We commend the heroic actions and courage of the rescue workers, first responders, clinicians, volunteers, and government officials.
On Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. the Fort Washington Medical Center community will have an in-place moment of silence for:
- The 59 innocent men and women who lost their lives;
- The more than 500 men and women who are injured;
- The thousands of people who directly and indirectly experienced this tragedy;
- Those healthcare providers who are working tirelessly in the aftermath of this tragedy; and
- Our national leaders who, in the coming days and weeks, will formulate a national response.
Fort Washington Medical Center continues to keep the victims, the Las Vegas community, and everyone who is working tirelessly to provide support during this very difficult time in our thoughts and prayers.