|Date Posted:||December 11, 2018|
Responsible for planning, developing, directing, implementing and evaluating infection prevention and control activities within the hospital. Supervises the infection control services for patients, visitors and staff. Plans, organizes, implements and evaluates educational programs for all employees to enhance skills, knowledge and awareness of hospital associated infection avoidance techniques, and preventative measures. Promote health and safety to all employees by facilitating an Employee Health Program which includes disease detection, prevention, and treatment; follow up on employee illnesses and injuries; conducts employee health screenings; and promotes a safe work environment. Consult on an ongoing basis with the Infectious Disease Physician, CDC and local Health Department.
- Education: AS in nursing, BSN preferred (extensive experience in Infection control may substituted for BSN.) MSN preferred. Non-nursing experience with Infection Prevention will be considered with CIC Certification.
- Experience: Minimum of five years clinical experience in an acute care setting. Minimum of two years direct experience in hospital laboratory, nursing, public health, or epidemiology required; Infection Control experience highly desirable.
- Licensure: Current licensure to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Maryland or must be eligible to obtain a license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Maryland.
- Certification: ANCC Certification in an area of specialty preferred. BLS required, ACLS preferred (American Heart Association)
- Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Leadership and management skills. Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills