|Date Posted:||December 11, 2018|
- NOTE: For all Nursing Opportunities: Qualified candidate must be a Graduate of an accredited nursing program. Current State of MD RN license or eligible. 1-2 years recent acute care experience. Monitor experience preferred. CPR required.
- For ED Positions: ACLS PALS & BLS certifications required.
- For CCU and PACU Positions: ACLS & BLS certifications required.
Under the supervision and in collaboration with the Emergency Department Director and the Clinical Operations Lead (COL) the charge nurse is a designated clinical leader for a patient care area who works to plan and coordinate care at the service level. The charge nurse provides for and utilizes staff appropriately, ensuring to match assignments with patient care needs and competencies; and day-to-day clinical decision making. The Charge Nurse is responsible for the smooth and efficient patient flow within the emergency department. The charge nurse delegates assignments and provides supervision for the support staff in accordance with their level of training and the patient’s acuity. Works, in cooperation with medical providers to insure the quality of patient care
- EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: Three to five years related clinical experience in the specific area. Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience preferred.
- LICENSURE: Current licensure to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Maryland or must be eligible to obtain a license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Maryland.
- CERTIFICATION: BLS , ACLS, and PALS required.
- SKILLS: Excellent oral and written communication skills Leadership skills. Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills