Under limited direction, provides an effective admission and discharge process for patients and supportive clinical resources, to support medical-telemetry and critical care unit, as related to patient admission and discharge.
· Review admissions pack; ensures the processing of admissions and discharges
· Ensure the initial admission Nursing database are completed in a timely manner
· Processes admissions and discharges to maintain a full census
· Coordinates patient discharge with patient’s nurse
· Provides support to clinical nurses, patients and other team members to expedite patients admission and discharges
· Assists Nursing staff in completing discharge tasks
· Responsible for collection of data and recommendation of process improvement based on data collection for the discharge process improvement.
· Uses metrics to evaluate discharge process effectiveness.
· Tracks data on discharge time, length of stay, barriers to timely discharge and patient satisfaction with the discharge process and report to the directors.
· Document when discharge paper had been printed (discharge summary, patient education,etc.) is ready and provide information to the patient’s nurse.
· Ensures patients receive substantial instructions for continuing care
· Supports the clinical nurses by coordinating discharge activities, serving as a liaison to other team members and ensuring that all aspects of discharge are complete for patients and families. (The regularly assigned nurse still works with the patient to plan for discharge and provides necessary support, but the discharge nurse assists in the process).
|Education:||Graduate of an accredited school or college of nursing. · Registered Nurse with at least 2 year’s critical care experience and current, valid MD licensure|
|Experience:||At least 2 years of critical care experience in a Hospital or a Healthcare setting|
|Licenseure:||valid nursing licensure in the state of Maryland or compact state; BLS and ACLS from the American Heart Association|
|Skills:||People oriented and compassionate · Able to work effectively in stressful situations · Demonstrates empathy for patients · Must be well-organized · Excellent time management skills|
|Shift Start:||7:00 am|
|Shift End:||7:00 pm|
|Date Posted:||September 5, 2019|