Preventative Screenings, Health Education & More!
At Fort Washington Medical Center, we don't want to just care for you when you’re ill, but to keep you healthy. That’s why preventive screenings are so important. We’ve partnered with some major healthcare organizations such as the American Lung Association and the American Heart Association to bring you the best in medical screenings and preventive medicine.
And best of all, they’re FREE! So, step out to take control of your health! Make sure you check back monthly to see our updated list of Health Events. For more information or to register, please contact email address or call 301-686-9010.
- Diabetes Management Seminars – twice a year, two-three week seminars, held weekly on diabetes management.
- Asthma Workshop - Each Spring
- Healthy Living Educational Series – series of health topics presented by Fort Washington Medical Center health care professionals. We welcome the opportunity to visit with you and your community members to present health topics of interest. Requires 15 or more people.
- Community Blood Drive in partnership with the American Red Cross and the YMCA, Potomac Overlook. Call (1-800-GIVE-LIFE).
- Community Health Fairs – Free Screenings can be provided to support events you're hosting in your community. Please contact us for further information six weeks in advance of your event.
- Career Fairs – We welcome the opportunity to share the exciting careers available at Fort Washington Medical Center as a part of your career fair.
Smoking Cessation Classes - available upon demand.